Subtitle Edit 3.5.18
SE 3.5.18 is fresh out of the oven!
News: "waveform multi-audio-track support", "import/export of shortcuts" and a "measurement converter".
Fixes: Image export with font tag, and some cmd-line/batch-convert issues.
See the change log for more info.
Subtitle Edit 3.5.17
You simply just need to get the new awesome Subtitle Edit 3.5.17 :)
This release fixes an issue with overlap in "Tools -> Adjust duration" and fixes reading Blu-ray sup files with overlapping images.
Transport streams (.ts/.m2ts/.mts) subtitles (teletext + images) are now supported in both command line convert + batch convert.
Several new subtitle formats bring the number of supported formats up to a whopping 300 (SE tries to guess unknown formats too).
Also, many new shortcuts have been added. The Netflix quality check is improved and SE might even be able to read/convert CD+G karaoke files now.
Get more details in the full change log.
Subtitle Edit 3.5.16
A new release is out again!
Important fixes: Spell check dictionary download should work again (LibreOffice changed download links), the WinKey should no longer freeze SE, and auto-break should work with dialogs again.
New stuff: OCR method "nOCR" which hopefully works well for e.g. Blu-ray .sup files. Can also be trained with your own font/letters.
Read the full change log here.
Thx to all contributors and happy summer <3
Subtitle Edit 3.5.15
Subtitle Edit 3.5.15 is now ready :)
This version features sentence continuation style, improvements for "Fix common errors", Tesseract 5 Alpha, waveform for video with no audio, customizable F4-F12 shortcuts, improvements for batch convert, improvements for batch waveform generation, new subtitle formats, and much, much more.
Subtitle Edit 3.5.14
Subtitle Edit 3.5.14 is now available.
This version introduces dialog styles and UTF-8 without BOM encoding.
Check the rest of the nice improvements and fixes in the change log.
The old default encoding UTF-8 is now called UTF-8 with BOM.
Note: Drag'n'drop of .mkv files does not work in SE 3.5.14 - use File -> Open instead.
Subtitle Edit 3.5.13
Go get SE 3.5.13 which is a minor update, released early due to issues with frame based formats..
Subtitle Edit 3.5.12
Go get Subtitle Edit 3.5.12, so you can enjoy:
Subtitle Edit 3.5.11
Subtitle Edit 3.5.11 is now out.
The change log contains many minor improvements and bugfixes - here are a few highlights:
- Batch convert now scans faster + has support for .ts image to Blu-ray sup
- "Tools -> Join subtitles" can now append time
- Improved Linux support
- New subtitle formats
Subtitle Edit 3.5.10
Subtitle Edit 3.5.10 is now available.
The change log contains many nice improvements and minor fixes.
Profiles for different settings are introduced.
Thx for all the feedback and help!
Subtitle Edit 3.5.9
Subtitle Edit 3.5.9 is out now.
- New: Bookmarks - thx OmrSi/marb99
- New: Auto save option
- New: Spell check - keep "Use always" replace list option
- New: Image export - option to have single lines top justified - thx joedmartin
- New: Add shortcut: Modify selection
- New: Add format "OGM chapters" - thx Franc
- New: Add format "sptx" (read) - thx Peter
- New: Add Norwegian name list - thx SvenErik
- Improved: Update Hungarian translation - thx Zityi
- Improved: Update Korean translation - thx domddol
- Improved: Update Portuguese translation - thx moob
- Improved: Update French translation - thx JM GBT
- Improved: Update Polish translation - thx admas
- Improved: Update a few wrong translations (Spanish) - thx Ovidio
- Improved: Create/adjust/translate shortcuts now global - thx OmrSi/uckthis
- Improved: Auto break adheres to "Max number of lines" setting
- Improved: Translate selected lines for MS translator + plugins
- Improved: Make "select current sub while playing" smoother in waveform
- Improved: Support .rtf files in "Import plain text" - thx Tilen
- Improved: Improve Binary OCR of comma / apostrophe - thx Tuukka
- Improved: Improve quote/italic detection in binary OCR - thx Miggu
- Improved: Add context menu to OCR spell check
- Improved: Improve DVD Studio Pro tag reading - thx Shas2509
- Improved: "Toggle music tags" uses "music symbol" from tool settings
- Improved: Improve language auto-detect - thx Xy
- Improved: Improve parsing of badly formatted srt files - thx Darnn
- Improved: Update names list - thx ivandrofly
- Improved: Binary OCR auto detect best DB - thx Mr. Rage
- Fixed: Missing/bad html tags after "Auto br" - thx iromafia111
- Fixed: Crash in OCR window when closing - thx spetragl
- Fixed: OCR in batch convert - thx danstraughn
- Fixed: Crash parsing empty word in OCR via Tesseract - thx Barry
- Fixed: Reading ttml 2016-10 draft with "dur" tags - thx bbpqman
- Fixed: Underline with "Reverse start/end" - thx OmrSi
- Fixed: Possible crash in load of settings - thx eugenesvk
- Fixed: Improve eng_OCRFixReplaceList.xml - thx Ding-adong
- Fixed: Minor tag issue in vtt - thx Arjan
- Fixed: Minor issues regarding pasting in list view - thx OmrSi
- Fixed: A few minor issues in "Fix common errors" - thx darnn
- Fixed: Bug in "Multiple replace" with delete empty lines - thx OmrSi
- Fixed: Bug regarding VTT position - thx devilcoelhodog
- Fixed: Crash in "Remove text for HI" - thx Rouzax
- Fixed: Wrong label in "frame mode" (ms -> frames) - thx Dominik
- Fixed: Some missing translations - thx Jamakmake